Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Requiem for a Fitbit


 OK - so I am being overly dramatic but my Fitbit is dead.  It is my fault.  All I had to do was keep it charged which is needed every 4 to 5 days.  I got the email warning.  I had my charger with me but I failed. 

Today, I resolve to get my charger to work with my Fitbit.  To have it fully charged and ready to count my steps as soon as it is. 

Maybe I wore it out yesterday.  I hit over 8400 steps!  It was a promising day!  I was thrilled to know I was pushing toward the fifth dot on my Flex.  And then it happened...

Each morning, I set up my iPad so I can see the steps increase as I get ready for my day.  Often I have more than 1200 steps before I even leave the house in the morning.  That was not to be today.  :(  My step counter on the app remained at zero. As I stepped on the scale... as I paced as I brushed my teeth... as I stepped into my closet to get my clothes for the day,  the counter remained at zero. 

I tried to charge it on the way to the office but no luck.  I tried when I logged on my computer... still nothing.  I will fix this!  I will be charged again... and soon!  But for now, I will be sad as I miss the opportunities to build my step counter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment