Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Struggle is Real!

OK - I know it could be worse than it is but I am having a hard time getting over the hurdle.  This weekend was a small loss.  I was able to walk about 1.04 miles with my sweetie who is recovering from hernia surgery.  We usually walk more than that since the weekend is the only time I can really get out there!  Problem is after walk, I have been overly tired lately. 

This weekend we had a family event outside so the sun may have drained me a little.  I came home and napped for two hours.  I slept late on Sunday and napped Sunday evening.  (I did make it over 8k steps on Sunday but 10k is my goal.)  Monday, I came home and took a nap before dinner!  Good thing I pre-cook for the week on Sundays!

Now today is Tuesday and I am determined to hit at least 8K again. This morning, I paced while brushing my teeth.  I paced a little while waiting for my kid to leave for the bus stop.  I parked a little farther than usual at work and I plan on taking the long route to the bathroom as I go today! Tonight, I have a corporate event where my company is bringing in the Beach Boys to perform for us. I should be able to grab some more steps there.... so maybe I can hit my 10K goal.

Milestone check: So far I am at 1,370 and I am sitting down today. So 10% down!

Doesn't sound like much, right?  But think about it: if you add 50 extra steps to every path you walk today, you could easily add another 500-1000 steps a day.  I sit at a desk for my job. On some days I am not as tired feeling as I am today, I raise my desk and stand all day. It is amazing how many steps you take just standing while you work.  Each time you adjust counts.  Each time you go to your file cabinet counts.  Every time you go get water to water that sad plant on your desk counts! :)

So personal challenge dropped... My goal today is to hit 8k.  My "supergoal" is 10K.

Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment