Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saving Time: Meal Planning

I wish I was able to add about 6 more hours to my day, every day.  Unfortunately, I cannot! Right now, I am constantly looking for ways to find more time with my family and for myself.

One thing I have been doing for a long time that has really helped is meal planning.  One night every week, I sit down with my laptop or tablet (sometimes both) and go through Pinterest and my Pepperplate account to plan what we will eat the following week. 

My son is on a gluten free diet and Pinterest is a wealth of recipes and snack ideas... LOVE IT!  I look low calorie snacks and gluten free lunches and diet/workout ideas!  There are TONS!!!

Then, I use the Pepperplate bookmarklet to import the recipes I like or want to try into my Pepperplate account.  I use a Microsoft Word template I created to fill in what we will eat and when.  This includes my lunches and my son's lunches and snacks for Monday through Friday.  From Pepperplate, I can automatically build my shopping list from the recipes and presto-chango, I am good to go.  I take my tablet to the grocery and shop away!  Now if I could find an app to automatically shop, put away the groceries, and cook for me, I would be in great shape! :)

The majority of what I cook is done in the crock pot which lets me bank even MORE time!  My son and I spend our Sunday afternoons packing snacks for the week and throwing things into the crock pots (yes I said crock...pots, as in multiple! LOL!)

I know this may not work for everyone but it works for us.  If you have any tips you use to add more time to your day, please feel free to share them in the comments section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment